The 39th edition of The International Festival of Films on Art (FIFA), to be held in Montreal from March 16 to 28, 2021, opens its call for submissions. Please note that the professional activities will take place from March 16 to 21.
FILMS ON ART :If you are a director, producer or distributor and have finished or are finishing a fiction film about art, a biographical film, a documentary, a performance recording, an art video or media art and wish to have it premiered in Montreal, please complete the submission form by October 30, 2020.
Take advantage of an "early bird" discount by submitting your film by August 31, 2020!
The registration fee is:
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:FIFA's programming focuses on film on art. The Festival features documentaries, fiction films about art, biographical films, art videos, videoclips, performance recording and encompasses all arts, from all eras and styles, including: animation, archaeology, architecture, outsider art, contemporary art, culinary art, street art, circus art, lifestyle, art and politics, art and science, naïve art, public art, technological art, therapeutic art, video art, graphic arts, media arts and digital arts, textile arts, comics, calligraphy, cinema, collage, collections, dance, design, interior design, drawing, experimental, artists' films, gallery owners, art history, art historians, installations, gardens, jazz, video games, literature, art market, crafts, mime, fashion, museums, music, new technologies, works on paper, opera, painting, performance, photography, poetry, broadcasting, restoration, sculpture, art sociology, tattooing, theatre, art theories, urbanism, and related topics.
FIFA accepts submissions for the following types of works:
- Short films (less than 30 min.)
- Medium-length films (31-59 min.)
- Feature films (60 min. and up)
- Only films or videos in one of the following eight versions will be accepted: French; English; dubbed into French; dubbed into English; subtitled in French; subtitled in English; no dialogue, no sound. Bilingual works are preferred.
- Films or videos presented publicly in Montreal theatres, at any other local festival, on the
television screen, online er on any other platform accessible freely to the Montreal audience
prior to March 28, 2021, are not eligible.
- For any questions, please contact us via email@example.com.